Suffering a personal injury has the potential to affect your life — both now as well as in the future. If you’ve recently been victimized by an accident that resulted in an injury, the San Jose personal injury lawyers at Shea & Shea understand your struggle and are here to help you find the justice and compensation you need.
Our team of personal injury attorneys has been working with victims of personal injuries in Oakland CA and nearby cities for many years. Contact our California law firm today to schedule a free consultation.
We understand the physical, mental, and emotional trauma that a car accident or other injury places on you. Without a pain-free body and mental clarity, overcoming the trauma of personal injury can be very difficult.
If your personal injury was sustained at the negligence or malicious intent of an individual, boss, or company, it’s important to take legal action against the guilty. Doing this will not only bring justice to your own situation, but it will also ensure that nobody after you is victimized by the same person.
Types of Personal Injury That Oakland Residents Suffer From
Some of the most common personal injuries that a Bay Area resident might sustain include the following:
- Construction site personal injuries
- Injuries sustained at birth (birthing negligence or mishandling of pregnancy)
- Medical malpractice
- Lead poisoning
- Personal injuries due to explosions
- Workplace injuries due to negligence or malice
- Personal injuries caused by the malfunction of a product
- Car accidents (as well as motorcycle, bus, or truck collisions)
- DUI personal injuries
- Pedestrian accident injuries
- Public transportation accidents
- Personal injuries caused by a hit and run
- Cyclist personal injuries
- Slip and fall personal injuries
- Injuries caused by defective machinery, equipment, or auto part
- Whiplash, neck, or back personal injuries
- Recreational activity-related personal injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful death
- Loss of hearing or sight
- Repercussions of food or beverage poisoning
- Premises liability issues
- Boating or other water-related accidents
- Aviation-related personal injuries
If you have suffered a different personal injury that you don’t see listed here, contact Shea & Shea’s personal injury lawyers in Oakland, California, and request a free consultation today.
Our practice areas include all of the above injuries, so if you, a loved one, or a friend need help, our expert accident attorneys would be happy to schedule a free consultation with you so that we can learn more about your personal injury case.
Personal Injury Attorney Oakland
Here are some helpful tips for finding a personal injury attorney in Oakland or elsewhere in Northern California to help you through this time:
- Ask friends or family members if they’ve ever worked with a personal injury attorney in Oakland. Word of mouth is an incredibly helpful way to find a trustworthy attorney.
- Do a quick google search. Make sure to check that the attorney or personal injury law firm has good online reviews.
- Schedule an initial consultation with an Oakland personal injury attorney. This is one of the best ways to find out if you’d work well with a particular attorney. Ask lots of questions and get to know your personal injury attorney’s style to assess if you’d work well together.
When To Contact an Oakland Personal Injury Attorney
If you’ve been involved in an accident and suffered a personal injury in California, it’s essential that you contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers to get your case started.
If you don’t look out for your own wellbeing, no one else will. Insurance companies, your boss, and the individual or company responsible for causing your injury won’t be the ones keeping your best interest in mind.
To protect yourself, your physical wellbeing, your finances, and the future, it’s essential to hire an Oakland personal injury attorney to work with during the legal process of negotiating a satisfactory settlement.
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Claims
As a victim of a personal injury, you likely have hundreds of questions racing around in your head.
Here are answers to some of the most common questions victims have about personal injury claims:
- Will my personal injury case go to trial? Fortunately, the answer to this is most likely not. Most personal injury cases do not go to trial and are resolved by a satisfactory settlement proposal before the trial date.
- What if I’m partially at fault for the accident that caused my personal injury? Please keep in mind that you should never admit fault when speaking to anyone except your personal injury attorney. Even if you are partially at fault, you still may be able to receive some compensation for your personal injury if you work with a qualified personal injury attorney in Oakland.
- How long will it take to reach a satisfactory settlement? This depends greatly on the circumstances of your specific personal injury claim, the evidence against the party responsible for your injury, and the experience of the legal team that you are working with.
- Can I get a satisfactory settlement without hiring a personal injury attorney? Most Oakland residents are not equipped with the legal knowledge or training to properly negotiate a settlement. Without the help of a professional personal injury lawyer, the legal process may be drawn out unnecessarily long and you likely won’t get the settlement you deserve in the end.
Partner With the Best Oakland Personal Injury Lawyers
When you work with Shea & Shea’s team of Oakland-based personal injury attorneys, you are choosing the best legal help possible for yourself.
Our expert personal injury lawyers consult with qualified Oakland-based neurologists, physiatrists, emergency specialists, vocational therapists, and physical therapists in order to build the strongest possible case for your personal injury claim.
We have decades of experience working with victims of personal injuries and we see it as our moral and ethical duty to represent our clients to the very best of our ability.
If you’ve recently suffered a personal injury, contact our Oakland personal injury attorneys and schedule a free consultation today. We’d be happy to schedule an initial consultation with you so that our personal injury lawyers can gather all the facts. Armed with the facts, our Oakland personal injury attorneys can then set to work building your case.