If you have recently suffered a neck injury due to the careless actions, malice, or negligence of another party, you may be able to hold the at-fault person or party legally responsible for causing your injury.
Sustaining a neck injury can greatly diminish a victim’s quality of life, leave them permanently disabled, take them out of the workforce, and give them mounting financial stressors.
Rather than endure all of these things alone, get in touch with a San Jose neck injury lawyer to begin working towards emotional, physical, and financial compensation for your damages.
What Does a San Jose Neck Injury Lawyer Do?
A neck injury attorney is responsible for helping victims of neck injuries (and their families) recover following a catastrophic accident that resulted in the injury.
Neck injury lawyers work in the field of personal injury law (specifically neck injuries) and understand the legal ins and outs of such cases. They are responsible for fighting for the rights of the injured party and ensuring that their emotional, physical, and financial traumas receive adequate compensation.
Types of Neck Injury
Suffering a neck injury can significantly diminish an individual’s quality of life, leave them permanently disabled, and out of a job. And even if your neck injury doesn’t place you permanently out of the workforce, it still may temporarily incapacitate you and render you an invalid for several weeks or months.
Knowing the severity of neck injuries and how they can negatively impact your life will help you feel confident advocating for yourself and your rights.
No victim of a neck injury should feel hopeless, helpless, or without access to adequate legal help for their condition. Instead of feeling lost and helpless, make sure that you get in touch with a seasoned neck injury attorney who can advocate for you during this difficult time.
Some of the types of neck injuries that a victim may suffer from include:
- Spinal cord damage
- Disk injuries
- Pinched nerve
- Vertebral fracture
- Neck sprains
Accidents that can result in these types of neck injuries are vast.
Some of the most common accidents which lead to neck injury include:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Lifting objects that are too heavy
- An object falling on the victim
- Sports accident
- Physical assault
How To Get Neck Injury Compensation
The most straightforward path to getting compensation for a neck injury is by working with a neck injury attorney. The sooner that you hand your case over to a neck injury lawyer, the more likely you are to receive adequate compensation for your damages.
And the longer you wait to hire an attorney, the more likely you are to accidentally say or do things that could potentially harm your case and lower your settlement number.
Here are some practical tips for ensuring that you get the amount of compensation that you need.
- Visit the doctor immediately to ensure that the full extent of your injuries are known immediately.
- Compile medical documentation for your injury as this can serve as evidence later on.
- Don’t speak with anyone or post on any social media platforms about your injury as these types of actions can damage your ability to get a satisfactory settlement.
- Find a seasoned neck injury attorney to take your case. Hiring a specialized attorney will equip you with the legal assistance you need to get back on your feet following your serious injury.
- Always listen to the advice of your lawyer as they have experience and know what to do to ensure that your chances of satisfactory settlement are reached.
What Type of Damages Can I Claim For a Neck Injury?
There are a variety of damages that may be claimed by victims of neck injuries. Some of these damages include:
- Present and future medical expenses resulting from the accident.
- Pain and suffering caused by the injury.
- Loss of quality or enjoyment of life (if the victim is now unable to participate in hobbies or other activities that they engaged in prior to the accident.
- Present and expected lost wages.
- Loss of future opportunities and earning capacity (if the injury will prevent the victim from attaining specific occupational positions in the future).
- Punitive damages (if the injury was directly caused with malicious intent).
- Loss of consortium. This can be sought by the victim’s spouse, domestic partner, or family member who are now deprived of the same love, care, and affection that they were given before the accident.
- Mental anguish (including things such as emotional distress, PTSD, anxiety, depression, and paranoia resulting from the accident).
Benefits of Hiring a San Jose Neck Injury Attorney
Some of the benefits of hiring a neck injury attorney include:
- Having a supportive legal network that has your back during the process.
- Having less legal weight on your own shoulders.
- You are more likely to see a faster resolution to your case.
- A legal team will ensure that all aspects of your injury are taken into account in the requested settlement number.
- You can avoid potentially serious mistakes that could harm your case and result in a lower settlement number.
- You can focus on your health and recovery while a seasoned attorney takes care of the legal side of your condition.
Contact a Neck Injury Attorney Today
If you are ready to hire a neck injury attorney, get in touch with Shea & Shea in San Jose today. Our law firm is passionate about helping victims of neck injuries receive just compensation for their injuries.
Our firm has witnessed first-hand the effects that suffering a neck injury has on quality of life, mental health, and finances and we want to do our part to make sure that you are able to not just survive, but also thrive following an injury.
To schedule a consultation at our firm, get in touch with Shea & Shea today. Our legal team is here to help you recover your health, finances, and spirit following a devastating accident.