According to the NSCISC, over 17,000 people receive a spinal cord injury in the U.S. every year. If you have suffered a spinal cord injury from another person’s negligence, you should speak to Santa Rosa spinal cord injury lawyers.
At Shea & Shea, we have over 50 years of experience pursuing spinal cord injury claims. We understand the kind of hardship a spinal cord injury can cause. When you need a spinal cord injury lawyer in Santa Rosa, we should be your first choice!
What Is a Spinal Cord Injury?
A spinal cord injury can occur when the spinal column receives a large enough shock to disrupt the nerves in your vertebrae. The spinal cord sends nerve signals to the entire body, so spinal cord injury can impair the feeling and function of the body and its extremities. Serious spinal cord injuries can cause long-term problems and permanent disability.
Effects of Spinal Cord Injuries
A spinal cord injury can cause life-changing damage and lead to a significant financial and emotional toll. Injuries to the spine can cause:
- Extreme pain
- Difficulty walking
- Loss of sensation or movement in limbs
- Sexual dysfunction
- Loss of bowel control
- Permanent disability
The physical effects of a spinal cord injury can result in loss of employment or your ability to work, while the pain of an injury can cause significant mental and emotional distress.
Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries can occur anywhere there are forces large enough to cause damage to your spinal column. Some of the most frequent causes of spinal injuries include:
- Auto Accident. Auto accidents are one of the most common causes of spinal cord injuries due to the high forces and whiplash.
- Sports Injuries. Injuries from impact sports, such as football, hockey, and basketball, are another major cause of spinal injury.
- Slip and Fall. Slipping and falling is a major causes of spinal injury among older adults.
- Workplace Injury. Workplace injuries in warehouses and industrial sites are a major cause of spinal cord injuries.
- Malpractice. A spinal cord injury can also result from a medical misdiagnosis or medical malpractice.
Treatment of a Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal cord injury treatments range from medication and draining fluids to emergency surgery. Generally, treatment regimens include lengthy physical rehabilitation. A spinal cord injury lawyer in Santa Rosa can help you calculate the costs of medical treatments and factor that into the amount of compensation to pursue in your case.
San Diego Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near You
Our lawyers at Shea & Shea dedicate themselves to pursuing justice for our clients. Dealing with the fallout of a spinal injury can be difficult, so you need a spinal cord injury lawyer in Santa Rosa, CA that will stand in your corner. With over five decades of experience, we will do everything in our power to make our clients whole again.
Contact us online or call today at (408) 716-1560 to schedule a free consultation with our Santa Rosa spinal cord injury attorneys!