According to the Centers for Disease Control, an estimated one and a half million Americans suffer a traumatic brain injury each year.
Around 50,000 of these TBIs are fatal and result in the death of the victim while between 80,000 and 90,000 victims suffer a long-term disability resulting from their TBI. Currently, in the US, an estimated 5.3 million people are living with a permanent disability that was caused by a traumatic brain injury.
To avoid becoming another statistic, it’s paramount that victims of brain injuries seek out medical and legal care immediately following an accident.
Continue reading to learn about what to do following an accident that resulted in a brain injury or give Shea & Shea a call to speak with a Santa Clara brain injury lawyer today.
Brain Injury Lawyer in Santa Clara
With these frightening statistics, it’s easy to feel hopeless or anxious following an injury that resulted in a TBI. If you’ve recently been victimized by a traumatic brain injury, it’s essential for your present and future wellbeing that you pursue fair compensation so that you can receive proper medical care following your injury.
If you are looking for a reliable brain injury lawyer based in Santa Clara, contact Shea & Shea today. Our brain injury attorneys have decades of experience working with victims of TBIs and we’d be honored to use our legal skills to assist you during this difficult time.
Why Shea & Shea’s Brain Injury Lawyers
Here at Shea & Shea, our brain injury lawyers have been helping victims of brain injuries since 1966. Our brain injury attorneys specialize in representing victims of brain injuries and have a roster of successful cases to vouch for our success.
At Shea & Shea, we care about each of our clients. We are passionate about helping people pursue and receive justice for their injuries. Our brain injury lawyer is able to compile evidence in order to build a compelling case for TBI victims.
Shea & Shea’s brain injury attorneys work with Santa Clara doctors, therapists, and professionals relevant to your case to ensure that all the evidence is gathered and that you are armed with a strong claim.
Our brain injury lawyers also factor in future expenses that are placed on our clients due to their injuries, such as lost wages, future medical and therapy costs, and emotional as well as physical pain and suffering.
As a victim of TBI, we want you to feel represented, heard, and justified during this difficult time.
If you’d like to schedule a consultation with our brain injury lawyer in Santa Clara, give Shea & Shea a call today.
Common Brain Injury Causes
Here is a list of some of the most common causes of brain injuries. If you’ve recently been involved in one of these scenarios, please contact Shea & Shea to speak with a brain injury lawyer:
- Auto accidents
- Being struck on the head
- Falling and striking the head against something
- Severe whiplash
- Defective machinery, equipment, or products
- Harmful chemical exposure
- Work-related accidents
- Construction accidents
- Cyclist or pedestrian accidents
Bear in mind that traumatic brain injuries may occur in a number of other ways as well. If you even suspect that you’ve sustained a traumatic brain injury, get in touch with a medical professional and a brain injury lawyer immediately.
What To Do if You Have Suffered a Brain Injury in Santa Clara
If you’ve become the victim of a traumatic brain injury, it’s essential to take action immediately.
Here are three things you should promptly do if you have suffered a brain injury:
- See a doctor. Before you do anything else, you should get medical help. Get in touch with a Santa Clara neurologist who can take care of your medical condition. Seeing a doctor right away following an accident will also provide you with medical documentation (a strong form of evidence) of your brain injury.
- Get a Santa Clara brain injury lawyer. After you’ve received sufficient medical attention, contact a brain injury attorney in Santa Clara and schedule an initial consultation. At Shea & Shea, we have a long-standing history of success working with victims of traumatic brain injuries. If you’d like to schedule a consultation with our Santa Clara brain injury lawyer, give us a call today.
- Take it easy. One of the best things you can do for yourself and your condition takes some time off. Follow your doctor’s instructions and take each day slow and easy. Get the rest you need, don’t return to work, and make sure to prioritize your physical needs first.
Symptoms of a Brain Injury
Here are some common symptoms of traumatic brain injuries. Please keep in mind that if you’ve been involved in a traumatic accident of any kind you should always seek out medical attention to rule out the possibility of a TBI.
Symptoms of brain injuries include:
- Nausea and/or vomiting.
- Balance and coordination issues.
- Headaches and migraines.
- Ringing in the ears and increased sensitivity to light or sound
- Memory loss, disorientation, concentration difficulty.
- Slurred speech and other symptoms that mimic those of intoxication.
- Moodiness, anxiety, depression, paranoia, restlessness.
- Disturbances in normal behavioral patterns.
- Altered vision such as tunnel vision, fuzzy vision, etc.
- Unconsciousness for several seconds or minutes.
Get in Touch With a Santa Clara Brain Injury Attorney
If you’ve recently been the victim of a traumatic accident, get the help that you deserve by contacting Shea & Shea’s Santa Clara brain injury lawyer.
At Shea & Shea, we will take care of the legalities surrounding your brain injury while you focus on physical, emotional, and mental recovery following your brain injury. Our Santa Clara brain injury attorneys would be honored to represent you and help your brain injury claim along.
We believe in pursuing justice to the maximum and want to help each of our clients receive satisfactory compensation for their brain injury. If you’d like to schedule your initial consultation with our brain injury lawyer, give Shea & Shea in Santa Clara a call today.